Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Interventional Pain Medicine Practice
Our successful and rapidly growing minimally invasive spine care and pain medicine practice is looking for a great physician extender for immediate hire. We have 4 doctors that are very easy to work with and offices throughout the San Francisco Bay area. We are looking for part time or full time commitments. Typically we are negotiable with days of the week needed off for child or personal related activities.
We have a congenial workplace with friendly and hardworking doctors. All of our doctors have completed accredited fellowships and maintain double board certifications in anesthesiology and pain medicine. We have connections with Stanford University, Harvard University, and the Mayo Clinic. We perform all types of injections including invasive procedures such as spinal cord stimulation. We use a wide variety of techniques to help treat pain including manipulation and acupuncture. We are looking for and require someone who will fit into our company culture of helping our patients. We are dedicated to providing our patients five-star service while treating them with a great deal of empathy. We want someone who could be a role model to our patients in terms of living an active and healthy lifestyle.
We are looking for a physician extender that will be active and responsive to our patients, and is looking for a challenge. We will expect you to quickly become competent in the specialty of Pain Medicine. An Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, or Family Practice background could be valuable.
Job duties will include assisting the physician in initial evaluation as well as subsequent appointments. Our extenders perform a wide variety of minimally invasive injection type procedures once they demonstrate competence.
- Participate in one of the country’s most innovative and integrative pain medicine practices with opportunities to teach patients through mind-body pain education classes, provide intravenous infusion therapies, regenerative therapies and learn and do various injections including Botox, joint, and trigger point injections.
- Provide information and answer routine questions of patients regarding their condition and treatment, including preventive health maintenance topics such as diet, weight, smoking and medication side-effects. Make basic recommendations in regards to pain medicine related treatments.
- Assist with record keeping, charting, and correspondence, as directed and reviewed by physician. Be able to complete paperwork in a detailed and organized fashion.
- Participate in quality monitoring through the review of records and treatment plans for patient outcomes on a periodic basis to assure quality care.
- Take calls as needed that are shared with a physician.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervising physician.
Potential candidates should be available to work in Pleasanton and Pleasant Hill.
We work normal office hours and have full medical benefits & time off for employees 30+ hrs.
We look forward to working with you!
- Graduate of Approved Physician Assistant Program.
- Current Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner license that is active and unrestricted for the State of California.
- Active DEA license or in process